Top Lakes in Crow Wing County
Major Rivers in Crow Wing County
Communities in Crow Wing County
Crow Wing County, located in central Minnesota, is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with over 400 lakes and streams to explore. Here’s a comprehensive outdoor guide to help you make the most of your visit to Crow Wing County’s lakes.
- Go Fishing: Crow Wing County is known for its excellent fishing opportunities. You can fish for walleye, northern pike, bass, crappie, and sunfish in the many lakes in the area, including Gull Lake, Pelican Lake, and Crosslake.
- Visit the Paul Bunyan State Trail: The Paul Bunyan State Trail is a 120-mile paved trail that runs through Crow Wing County and offers visitors an opportunity to explore the region’s scenic beauty on foot, bike, or rollerblades. The trail passes through several lakes and forests, making it an ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Explore the Cuyuna Lakes State Trail: The Cuyuna Lakes State Trail is a 12-mile paved trail that runs through the heart of the Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area. The trail offers stunning views of the region’s lakes, forests, and mining history.
- Visit Crow Wing State Park: Crow Wing State Park is a beautiful park located on the banks of the Mississippi River. The park features several hiking trails, including the 3.5-mile Old Wagon Trail, which offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding forests.
- Go Birding: Crow Wing County is home to several excellent birding destinations, including the Crow Wing State Park and the Northland Arboretum. Visitors can spot eagles, loons, and other waterfowl in the region’s many lakes and rivers.
- Take a Scenic Drive: Crow Wing County is home to several scenic drives, including the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway, a 54-mile drive that takes visitors through the heart of the region’s lakes and forests. The drive offers stunning views of the surrounding landscapes and wildlife.
- Go Camping: Crow Wing County is home to several excellent camping destinations, including the Crow Wing State Park, the Gull Lake Recreation Area, and the Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area. These parks offer a range of camping options, including tent and RV camping, as well as rustic cabins.
In addition to these activities, Crow Wing County also offers a range of dining, shopping, and lodging options, making it a great destination for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation. Whether you’re interested in exploring the natural beauty of the region or just looking for a relaxing getaway, Crow Wing County’s lakes have something for everyone.