Top Lakes in Morrison County
Major Rivers in Morrison County
Communities in Morrison County
Morrison County in central Minnesota is home to several beautiful lakes that offer visitors a chance to explore the region’s natural beauty. Here is a comprehensive outdoor guide to help you make the most of your visit to Morrison County’s lakes:
- Visit Lake Alexander: Lake Alexander is a popular destination for fishing and boating, with an abundance of walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. There are several public boat launches and fishing piers around the lake. The lake also offers opportunities for swimming and camping at nearby campsites.
- Go Fishing: In addition to Lake Alexander, Morrison County is home to several other great fishing lakes, including Fish Trap Lake, Platte Lake, and Crookneck Lake. Visitors can hire a fishing guide or charter, or explore the lakes on their own. Be sure to obtain a fishing license and check the DNR fishing regulations for each lake.
- Explore Belle Prairie County Park: Belle Prairie County Park is located on the Mississippi River and offers visitors a chance to hike, bike, and fish. The park also has a public boat launch and camping facilities.
- Go Hiking: Morrison County is home to several great hiking trails, including the Lake Alexander Nature Trail, which offers a 1.2-mile loop trail through the woods and along the lake. The Pillsbury State Forest, located just outside of Morrison County, offers several hiking trails and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Visit Camp Ripley: Camp Ripley is a military training facility that also offers opportunities for outdoor recreation, including fishing, hunting, and hiking. The facility also has a museum dedicated to military history.
- Go Boating: Morrison County’s lakes offer visitors a chance to enjoy a variety of boating activities, including water skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing. There are several boat rentals and marinas located around the lakes.
Morrison County’s lakes offer visitors a wide range of outdoor activities, from fishing and boating to hiking and wildlife viewing. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventurous outdoor experience, Morrison County’s lakes have something for everyone.