Top Lakes in Sherburne County
Major Rivers in Sherburne County
Communities in Sherburne County
Sherburne County, located in Minnesota, is home to several lakes that offer a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities. Here is a comprehensive outdoor guide to help you explore and enjoy the lakes in Sherburne County:
- Lake Maria: Lake Maria is a serene and scenic lake located within Lake Maria State Park. The lake covers approximately 270 acres and provides opportunities for fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. Anglers can target species such as northern pike, bass, and panfish. Non-motorized watercraft are allowed on the lake, making it an ideal spot for a peaceful paddle. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings and wildlife as you explore Lake Maria.
- Elk Lake: Elk Lake is a popular destination for fishing and boating in Sherburne County. The lake covers approximately 518 acres and offers a variety of fish species, including walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. Boat access is available, allowing for motorized watercraft. Explore the expansive waters of Elk Lake and cast your line in search of your next catch.
- Briggs Lake: Briggs Lake is a scenic lake covering approximately 286 acres in Sherburne County. It is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, with a variety of fish species including walleye, northern pike, largemouth bass, and panfish. The lake has public boat access, making it convenient for boaters. Briggs Lake also offers a sandy beach and picnic area, perfect for a day of swimming and relaxation.
- Lake Ann: Ann Lake is a smaller lake. It provides a tranquil setting for fishing and non-motorized boating. Anglers can target species such as northern pike, bass, and panfish. Enjoy a peaceful paddle on Lake Ann and take in the natural beauty of the surrounding forest.
- Big Lake: Big Lake covers found within the city limits of the City of Big Lake offers opportunities for fishing, particularly for northern pike, bass, and panfish. The lake is suitable motorized watercraft, is great for canoes and kayaks, providing a a great day on the water. There are a lot of amentias nearby.
Tips for Exploring Sherburne County Lakes:
- Check fishing regulations and obtain the necessary fishing license before fishing.
- Familiarize yourself with any specific rules and regulations for each lake, including boating restrictions and watercraft permits.
- Practice water safety and wear life jackets when participating in water activities.
- Respect private property and follow any posted signs or guidelines.
- Pack essentials such as sunscreen, insect repellent, drinking water, and snacks.
- Dispose of trash properly and leave the lakes and surrounding areas clean.
Sherburne County’s lakes offer a range of outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, and paddling. Whether you’re seeking a day of angling or a peaceful journey on the water, the lakes in Sherburne County provide a scenic and enjoyable environment for outdoor enthusiasts.