Top Lakes in Wabasha County
Major Rivers in Wabasha County
Communities in Wabasha County
Wabasha County, located in Minnesota, is home to several lakes that offer a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities. Here is a comprehensive outdoor guide to help you explore and enjoy the lakes in Wabasha County:
- Lake Pepin: Lake Pepin is a large natural lake located on the Mississippi River and is shared with neighboring counties. It spans approximately 25,000 acres and offers a wide range of outdoor activities. Anglers can target species such as walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. The lake is also popular for boating, sailing, and water sports. Enjoy the scenic beauty of Lake Pepin as you explore its vast waters.
- Lake Zumbro: Lake Zumbro is located partially in Wabasha County and partially in neighboring Olmsted County. It covers approximately 1,806 acres and offers excellent fishing opportunities. Anglers can target species such as walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. The lake allows for motorized watercraft, making it suitable for boating and water sports. Lake Zumbro also features public boat access and marinas for convenience.
- The Mississippi River: Wabasha County is bordered by the Mississippi River, providing ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. The river offers excellent fishing for species such as walleye, sauger, bass, and catfish. Anglers can fish from the shore or from boats. The Mississippi River is also suitable for boating, kayaking, and canoeing. Explore the river’s channels, backwaters, and islands for a scenic adventure.
- Coffee Mill Lake: Coffee Mill Lake is a smaller lake located near Wabasha. The lake offers fishing opportunities for species such as walleye, bass, and panfish. Non-motorized watercraft, such as canoes and kayaks, are allowed on the lake. Enjoy a peaceful day of fishing or paddle along the calm waters of Coffee Mill Lake.
- Trout Streams: Wabasha County is known for its trout streams, offering excellent opportunities for trout fishing. Some notable streams include Trout Run Creek, Whitewater River, and Zumbro River. These streams are stocked with trout and provide scenic surroundings for a rewarding fishing experience. Make sure to check fishing regulations and obtain the necessary trout stamp before fishing in these designated trout streams.
Tips for Exploring Wabasha County Lakes:
- Check fishing regulations and obtain the necessary fishing license before fishing.
- Familiarize yourself with any specific rules and regulations for each lake, including boating restrictions and watercraft permits.
- Practice water safety and wear life jackets when participating in water activities.
- Respect private property and follow any posted signs or guidelines.
- Pack essentials such as sunscreen, insect repellent, drinking water, and snacks.
- Dispose of trash properly and leave the lakes and surrounding areas clean.
Wabasha County’s lakes offer a range of outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, and paddling. Whether you’re seeking a day of angling, a leisurely boat ride, or a peaceful paddle, the lakes in Wabasha County provide scenic and enjoyable environments for outdoor enthusiasts