Top Lakes in Waseca County
Major Rivers in Waseca County
Communities in Waseca County
Waseca County’s lakes provide a range of outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, swimming, and picnicking. Whether you are seeking a day of angling, a leisurely boat ride, or a relaxing beach experience, the lakes in Waseca County offer scenic beauty and recreational opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Clear Lake: Clear Lake is a popular destination in Waseca County. It covers approximately 648 acres and offers a variety of outdoor activities. Fishing enthusiasts can target species such as walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. The lake has a public access point for boating and water sports. Clear Lake also features a sandy beach area for swimming and picnicking.
- Lake Elysian: Lake Elysian is a scenic lake located in Waseca County. With an area of about 2215 acres, it provides ample opportunities for fishing and boating. Anglers can target species such as walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. The lake is suitable for water sports like water skiing and tubing. Lake Elysian has public access points and a few resorts along its shoreline.
- Goose Lake: Goose Lake is a smaller lake located in Waseca County. It offers a peaceful environment for fishing and boating. Anglers can catch species such as walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. Non-motorized watercraft like canoes and kayaks are allowed on the lake. Goose Lake also has public access for easy entry.
- Loon Lake: Loon Lake is situated in the southeastern part of Waseca County. It covers about 125 acres and provides a serene setting for fishing and boating. Anglers can target species such as walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. The lake allows watercraft. Loon Lake is known for its scenic beauty and quiet atmosphere.
- Lake Tetonka: While the majority of Lake Tetonka is located in neighboring Le Sueur County, a small portion extends into Waseca County. This popular lake spans approximately 1,358 acres. Fishing enthusiasts can pursue species such as walleye, northern pike, bass, and panfish. Lake Tetonka is also suitable for boating and water sports. Public access points and marinas are available for convenient entry.
- Check fishing regulations and obtain the necessary fishing license before fishing in Waseca County lakes.
- Familiarize yourself with any specific rules or restrictions for each lake, including boating regulations and watercraft permits.
- Practice water safety and wear life jackets when participating in water activities.
- Respect private property and follow any posted signs or guidelines.
- Pack essential items such as sunscreen, insect repellent, drinking water, and snacks.
- Dispose of trash properly and leave the lakes and surrounding areas clean.